Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Masterpiece Essay

One of the main things I learned from all of these masterpieces is this: people who are passionate about what they love, will always prevail. Of course, a few did not know what they wanted to do yet, and didn't take the presentation as seriously as they should've, but I believe in time everyone will find their place. It took me a very long time myself. When I was a freshman, I had ABSOLUTELY no idea what I wanted to do. I thought of miniscule management or nice business jobs I could find with a measly CC degree. Then I lost most of that hope in the rough growing up stages of Sophomore year. When junior year came around, and I took art and film, I finally began to find my creativity. I love creating. And especially this year helped me push this vision even further with graphic design and fashion. I know, for the most part, how I want the rest of my life to play out. I can promise you, Dr. Preston, and anyone reading this, that I will NEVER be clocking in on a 9 - 5 brainkiller. I want to inspire other people to find their creativity as well, because I know what it's like to be lost. I'm still lost now, but there's a small light at the end of the tunnel and it's growing every day. But there are other kids out there just like me, with parents telling them about how they're going to love _____ as their career. Discouraged from creating. I can see a day when all of our cashiers and fast food workers are fully functioning computer AI, and those people can work and learn in other more important fields. Science takes over and we take our society out of the planet. Creativity isn't just art - It's science, technology, politics, arithmetic, film, etc. I want to help people and inspire them to not follow brands and pre-set pathways, but to create their own. That's why I want to have influence as well - and why becoming a creative in the art world can help me do this. Over summer I will be finishing my clothing hopefully, creating an EP with my friend Keagan, working on more scripts and films with Eric, and spreading creativity. It's a never ending, renewable resource. These masterpieces were all very different, but were all the same as well. They're all passions, all original pieces of interest of each and every one of us. While I watched them present I could see myself working with each and every one of them on some type of project, and I'm 100% serious about that. I thought about it for a while. I'm almost sad that I didn't get the chance to learn more about their passions and find something we could work on together. But in the future, there will be more time. If any of you have any type of creative project, please don't hesitate to ask me for support. I want to be there to help it grow and inspire others. But, these are just words on a screen. They don't mean anything until there's real physical progress. Over the summer and over my years at Hancock, I'm going to find this passion. And I'm going to make my own business, my own path, and my own life. And I'm going to do it for everyone who said they couldn't / shouldn't. I'm glad I made this blog and took this class. I can't wait to update it with my progress as a person. Thank each and every one of you, that I've ever known, for all the inspiration you've given me. I will not let any of you down. I'll end this with some inspiration for anyone who's nervous about following their own path:


No comments:

Post a Comment