Sunday, February 22, 2015

Telling Stories Through Clothes

There are a fair amount of people who see fashion as an expensive waste of time. While you might see that $1000 coat as being insane and that anyone who buys it would be out of their mind, you or others might have no problem buying a $1000 dirtbike or gaming system. Everyone's got hobbies that mean a lot to them, and sometimes the price we have to pay for these things is just part of the game. One designer who recently had a runway show at New York Fashion Week really struck me in particular though. John Elliot + Co, a small, minimalist clothing company from L.A got their own runway show and the product was great. It really had a lot more elements to it than just the clothes it was presenting. It was an experience. The article I read about it was from right here, but I just wanted to share this because I feel like it really involved some of the things I would like to work on in the future, or in my masterpiece. (or both)

Also, his clothing can be found here!

No comments:

Post a Comment